It a beautiful day, 67 degrees outside, and I escaped work early! Too bad it won't last for the weekend.
Long week since last posting. That nurse I told you about, who said it wouldn't be as bad the second time, she is a big fat LIAR! The Taxol kicked it with its nasty little tricks Saturday night, and gave me no piece until Tuesday night. I crawled into bed Sunday after we went out and did a little house hunting, emerged briefly Monday for a presentation I had to give at a conference, and then back to my nest until Tuesday night. Awful. I don't read or write or do anything productive. Today the ultimate insult, most of my eyelashes fell out! The good news is, I scheduled the last 2 treatments, one next week and the last one on the 22nd of Feb.
But, I was better by Wednesday, and good enough last night to go out to dinner with Rachel and do a little shopping. Today we walked 2 WHOLE blocks for lunch.
So, back to the house hunting. We went Sunday and looked at a couple condos in Alexandria, in anticipation of moving our office in March. The location was great, south of town on the Potomac, with the George Washington Parkway and bike trail only blocks away, but they sure want a lot of money for not much square footage, so we didn't get too excited. Tomorrow we are going to foray into the wilds of Maryland, where homes and taxes are both much lower, and see if we can find anything we like without an unbearable commute. Wish us luck.
We are having fun with Rachel here. Well, Rachel and I are having fun anyway. Bert is disgusted with our tv watching "project runway" and "Dancing with the Stars". He comes in, sits down, and stands up and walks out in disgust! Its really funny when we go look at houses, the realtors ALL ask "are you staying at home while you finish school"! Thats better than the day a woman in a store offered her a part time job until she gets out of high school! Michael arrived safe and sound in Seattle, after driving across country, and has rented a nice apartment for he and Rachel in Green Lake, so eventually she will leave us.
We are excited for the big game on Sunday. Go Seahawks! Sorry everyone on the West Coast is going to spend another rainy weekend. It must be getting really old by now!
No comments:
Post a Comment