Saturday, July 08, 2006

Can't believe its been two weeks!

Busy busy. Between my work project and the house project, throw in some really crappy weather, and we have had a busy 2 weeks. At least in Seattle this kind of weather stays in the winter where it belongs. Not the first week of summer, for goodness sake!

Since Rachel and Michal left, I have either been at work, or working at the house. We finished June with the wettest June in the history of this area. We got something like 14 inches in 10 days. We were lucky that we didn't have any problems with flooding, THAT week.

Starting the 1st of July, we started hot, steamy violent weather, which was sticky and gross, and had amazing thunder and lightening. Tore our new tar paper off our roof, knocked down a tree at the house, and then put a tree through the roof of the garage here at the apartment.

In spite of it all, we got good work done at the house, and the last piece of the
garage went up on the 4th! But, was it hot and sweaty!

The plumber is slower than molassas in January, but the new shower should go in soon soon!

The kitchen is starting to take shape, today we ordered our new cabinets! Whoohoo
Wednesday I went for my first Doctors visit in 2 months. Reviewed my mammogram that I had last month, and got a good going over, and Dr. Jane pronounced me 100%, and told me to get lost until December. So all going good, although she told me I won't be my 'old self' until a year after I finished radiation.

Hope everyone had a good 4th!

.

No comments: